Tuesday 15 May 2012

Small Stories

I am very excited I have just found out that my work has been selected for an exhibition in the Urban Alchemist Gallery in Brooklyn, NY. The exhibition runs from the 20th of June until the 23rd of July and is curated by Joetta Maue who is a textile artist and curator. I am thrilled to have been chosen as I know she had lots of entries. I would love to go to the exhibition as America is far more supportive of textile art than we are in this country, but unfortunately money and distance are against me. I went to Collect at the Saatchi Gallery last weekend and as a textile artist I found it very disapointing, lots of beautiful craft but only one textile artist Louise Gardiner who was in the project space. However Louise Gardiners beautiful work made the visit worthwhile for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment